Green Line Architects is a service-oriented design firm located in Carbondale, Colorado. We are in the heart of the Roaring Fork Valley between Glenwood Springs and Aspen. An award-winning firm, Green Line specializes in sustainable future-thinking designs. We carefully craft designs for residences, (single-family and multi-family) as well as restaurants, light commercial spaces and agricultural buildings. We have a commitment to the local community and work with many local non-profit organizations.
We offer a full range of design services:
- Site Selection and Analysis – We like to be involved from the beginning. We help our clients select the right property for their needs. This helps assure the feasibility of a client’s program on a given property.
- Conceptual Design – We take in all of the client’s program and all of the site characteristics, to start off a design on the right foot. Very often this is done as a design charrette, to get all the stakeholders in a project to work together, right from the start.
- Master Planning – We look at the best possible ways to accomplish the client’s program for the long term.
- Construction Documents – We draw and detail every aspect of a home. Generally, the higher the level of completion of these drawings, the easier the construction process will be.
- Contract Administration – We make periodic visits to the building site to observe the process and make sure the construction is carried out according to plan.
- Research – We are committed to developing better prototypes for Net Zero Energy, Low-Impact Housing.
- Consulting – We work on a wide range of sustainability and building science issues, and give presentations to various local and national groups.